Iridium flares are phenomenon caused by the polished antennas of the Iridium communication satellites reflecting sunlight onto the Earth below and appearing as a brief, bright "flare".
iFlares calculates the occurrences of Iridium satellite flares for your current position (or any other location on earth).
iFlares provides a navigation mode, using the devices accelerometer and compass (if present) to give you visual directions where to look for a flare.
The flares are calculated directly on the device, i.e. you don't need an Internet connection in order to check for upcoming flares!
iFlares let you set reminders for flares, mail information on upcoming flares to your friends or even Twitter them (on iOS 5 devices).
iFlares keeps record of seen Iridium satellites on the device and synchronizes this information with Apple's Game Center. That way your Iridium flares achievements are not only automatically synchronized between your different devices, you also can compare them with your Game Center friends.
Get iFlares now in the App Store.
- Calculating Iridium flares directly on the device (no active Internet connection needed)
- Visual navigation mode for directions
- Audio countdown when watching flares
- Add your own favorite locations
- Multiple time windows
- Many additional information on the Iridium satellites and the calculated flares
- Reminders for upcoming flares
- Keeps record of all seen Iridium flares and automatically synchronizes the achievements to Game Center.
- Universal app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
Calculating Iridium flares directly on the device (no active Internet connection needed)
Visual navigation mode for directions with audio countdown when watching flares.
Many additional information on the Iridium satellites and the calculated flares. Set reminders for upcoming flares, mail flares to friends or tell about them in Twitter.
On an iPad in landscape orientation, you see the list of flares on the left and additional information on the selected Iridium satellites and the calculated flare on the right side.
Visual navigation mode for directions including an audio countdown when watching flares.